সবাইকে আমার সালাম। আশা করি সবাই ভালো আছেন। আবারো লিখতে বসলাম একটা গুরুত্বপূর্ণ জিনিস নিয়ে। যারা গ্রাফিক্স এর কাজ করেন তাদের জন্য খুবই দরকারি। আমরা যারা বিজয় দিয়ে বাংলা লিখতে পারিনা বা যারা অভ্র দিয়ে বাংলা লিখি তাদের […]
Perhaps you’ve heard the buzz over coconut oil lately, or maybe you haven’t. Either way, it is gaining more and more attention as a super food and has some amazing health benefits. That being said, there are still some out there that perceive it as not healthy or misunderstand why and how it should be used. I want to share some why I now use it everyday, and some of the most unusual ways you can use it also!
First, lets get the scientific, nutrition geek stuff out of the way. Coconut oil is, in fact, a saturated fat, and that right there has some of the less educated among us go running in the opposite direction. After all, saturated fat is bad and evil and makes our cholesterol rise, right? Not so fast. Here’s the facts:
- Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid, primarily lauric acid, which does raise both good and bad cholesterol, but not significantly enough to cause concern. While the saturated fat found in animal proteins is a long-chain fatty acid, and can contain more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids. We need both, however in the Standard American Diet (SAD) we tend to get much more of the omega-6’s, which can lead to health problems down the road.
- The lauric acid found in coconut oil can have beneficial health benefits in many ways and has antiviral, antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and antifungal properties. This can help ward off or fit viral and bacterial infections, and there is some evidence that it can also combat cancer, among other things.
- Coconut oil is 92% saturated fat, with 2/3 of that being lauric acid. The only other place you find that high percentage of lauric acid is in mother’s milk. This could explain why babies fed mother’s milk as well as those that use coconut oil have fewer illnesses and higher brain function, since our brains need healthy fats to function properly.
- Coconut oil has excellent anti-aging properties, and has been shown to REDUCE risk of heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Coconut oil manages blood sugar level to help with cravings. It also supports your thyroid to keep a healthy metabolism. Polyunsaturated oil works against the thyroid, which results in a slowed metabolism.
Okay, now that some of the scientific evidence is out of the way, lets get on to the fun stuff: how we can USE coconut oil in our everyday lives! Following is the top 10 ways to use Coconut Oil; however, there are HUNDREDS of ways beyond these 10! Onward……
1. Use it in your cooking:
I love to use it when I sautéveggies, when making scrambled eggs, or other ways that I would need a little bit of oil. I also put a spoonful in my daily Shakeologys moothie.
2. Use it as a skin moisturizer:
I will use it this way almost everyday! Use it in place of a body lotion, or even as a shaving cream. Great for guys and girls.
3. Use it as a hair conditioner:
You will want to keep it in something plastic in your shower. Most likely, the warmth of the shower will melt it enough, and you will use just a small amount at first. If it doesn’t melt, run it under the warm water for a minute or two.
4. Use it as a deodorant:
You can use it as is, or some suggest using it with a little bit of baking soda and can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
5. Feed it to your pets:
My dog seems to have dry skin, especially in the winter, so I give her a spoonful a day. When she hears the jar open, she comes running! I’ve also started to melt it and put a little on my cats food and I also put some on my pets when they have dry skin.
6. For energy:
A tablespoon of coconut oil will give you incredible energy! Add it to your smoothies, spread it on toast or a dab in some oatmeal, stir it into your morning coffee or tea, or just put a spoonful in your mouth and swallow it!
7. Oil Pulling:
ou can use some coconut oil everyday to help with dental health. Put a teaspoon or so in your mouth, let it melt, then swish or “pull” it through your teeth for 15-20 minutes, preferably on an empty stomach and first thing in the morning. Besides better dental health, there are all sorts of other potential health benefits.
8. Use it as a natural sunblock:
It has been used for centuries by those that live in the tropical areas of the world and works great. There are all sorts of “recipes” online, if you’d like to check that out, but you can just use it straight out of the jar! And, a great alternative for tho the kids, especially the babies!
9. Diaper cream:
Another one for the babies, use it as a diaper cream! All natural and works great. Make sure you have a separate jar/container for this though. Can be used to treat diaper rash, or as a preventative cream. And, use coconut oil to moisturize baby over any of the store bought lotions!
10. Use it as a face or body scrub:
you can add some baking soda or sugar to some melted coconut oil for a great face or body scrub. And adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil scent is a great idea too.
Try out these tips if you are new to using coconut oil. Seeing as it is a nutritional product, no health claims can be made. That being said, I’m a true believer in using nutrition over pharmaceuticals whenever possible, and you may be surprised how well using a natural product like coconut oil will work for you!
For More Details Visit Our: Health and Fitness Blog